DCM Institute - How to Become a HIGH PERFORMING NONPROFIT BOARD (Certificate)
This certificate is brought to you by The NonProfit Times in partnership with DCM Associates
Earn your Nonprofit Board Governance Training Certificate
- Up to 25 registrants
- One year license
- Ability to add & delete up to 10 members of your leadership team during the license period
- Course handbook & certificate of completion
- 60 minute FREE consultation with Dennis
Who Will Benefit From These Courses:
- Board members, CEO’s and leadership and management teams of all tax-exempt organizations, including:
- Nonprofit organizations, including human and social services, education, healthcare, environment, arts & culture, faith-based and other social mission driven organizations
- Academic and Educational Institutions
- Healthcare Organizations
- Business and Professional Trade Associations
- Chambers of Commerce
An eight-module online course that members of your Board can take from their home, office or mobile device.
Topics covered include:
- Characteristics of high performing nonprofit boards, and the common obstacles to high performance
- The role and responsibilities of the nonprofit board chair, and what characterizes a high performing chair
- Board leadership succession
- Board recruitment, reappointment and best practices
- The board and CEO relationship
Today’s executive leadership competencies
The board’s role in strategic planning
How to increase your nonprofit stock price
Would your board rather have a root canal than raise money?
Addressing difficult board member behavior
Measuring and evaluating the board’s annual performance
Most nonprofit organizations have great causes and powerful missions that are being advanced through the efforts of dedicated professionals, board members, donors and volunteers. Everyone has high hopes and dreams for their organization and is very proud to be associated with it.
Yet far too many still struggle to achieve the level of excellence their mission requires.
One of the key responsibilities of every nonprofit CEO is to engage and motivate their board and leadership team to be passionate about serving their mission and achieving their strategic vision.
As the CEO or Board Chair, you may ask yourself the following questions:
- How do I engage and motivate my board to be more passionate about our mission?
- How can I enable my board to gain more self-confidence to more actively participate in our philanthropic initiatives?
- How do I recruit and develop new board members who can assist me in achieving our strategic vision?
- How do I develop my leadership team to learn the new competencies needed to achieve our strategic goals?
- How do I develop an organizational wide leadership succession plan to develop the future leaders of our organization?
This online course provides your board with a one-year license to provide board orientation, ongoing board governance educational tools and answers to the many challenges your board might need to address.
You can register up to 25 individuals who can take the course from their office, home or mobile app. Each member will also receive a course handbook and an individualized certificate of completion. In addition, the purchase of each course includes 60 minutes of FREE virtual consultation with Dennis to discuss any issues or answer any questions. Each of the 8 modules presents questions for your board to discuss as a group throughout the year at each of your board meetings.
Completing this course will enable your board members to feel a greater sense of self-confidence and will find their service on your board more enjoyable and meaningful. Your board will mature and learn how to transition beyond the traditional roles of fiduciary, business and strategic advisors to be one of being in a “true partnership with the CEO” providing leadership in helping your organization achieve your strategic vision and goals. The ultimate beneficiaries will be those you serve in your community, whether global, national or local